HowToFinishMyBasement.com Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House with a swimming pool
Curtis
Intern
Post House with a swimming pool
on: June 20, 2019, 04:36

For many reasons, I've lived in apartments since grad school. Eventually, I will buy a house. Whether it is where I currently live or not, I don't know.

There are lots of house-related amenities that aren't really important to me. I don't need crown moldings, I don't need a granite kitchen countertop, I don't need hardwood floors. But -- I think I would really like to have a swimming pool. In-ground, decent size, 8-10 feet deep at the deep end. Heated would be ideal. I used to live in the swimming pool as a kid (we had one in the apartment complex where we lived) and I miss it a lot in the summertime.

Let's also assume that I am too lazy to clean it myself and would hire someone for that purpose.

Does anyone here have a pool? Can you tell me how much the upkeep costs are, and how much will installing a swimming pool in Boston jack up the purchase price of a home? Or, if you bought a home and then had a pool put in, I'd be interested to know how much that cost. Do you use it as much as you thought you would? (I have no kids and don't plan on any, so this would be for my use only and the use of my adult friends.)

Thanks!

Pages: [1]

Share This