HowToFinishMyBasement.com Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Epson 5010UB - My Projector of Choice
Tony
Administrator
Post Epson 5010UB - My Projector of Choice
on: July 31, 2013, 15:29

I decided to go with the Epson 5010UB in my home theater. The main reasons I decided to with the Epson were:
1) The contrast ratio
2) Brightness
3) Price

1 - Contrast Ratio:
200,000 to 1, while this isn't an insanely high number, it's great for a projector at this price level.

2 - Brightness:
At 2400 ANSI lumens, the brightness is a nice jump from previous Epson models. The kicker for me was with my setup - a basement home theater with ambient lighting at times - the Epson 5010UB would provide more than enough brightness for my satisfaction.

3 - Price:
There are so many comparable projectors in this price range, and there are some very good ones, but from my research nothing could match the picture clarity and deep black levels of the Epson 5010UB for the price. I ended up purchasing this projector from VisualApex.com along with an accessories package that included a 135" Vapex screen.

I will post pictures as I have them, but if you have questions about my setup or my experience with the Epson 5010UB, the Vapex screen, or anything else about home theaters in general I'm more than happy to help.

Founder and Owner of In Form Creations
Company: Longmont Web Design | Behance Portfolio | Blog
Personal: Linkedin | Twitter

Tony
Administrator
Post Re: Epson 5010UB - My Projector of Choice
on: January 18, 2015, 22:24

Some pictures of my home theater setup.

Epson 5010 mounted on the ceiling.

Vapex Fixed Frame Screen 135" - Purchased from Visual Apex.

Pioneer In-Wall Speakers and Pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelf Speakers mounted on the walls.

Founder and Owner of In Form Creations
Company: Longmont Web Design | Behance Portfolio | Blog
Personal: Linkedin | Twitter

Pages: [1]

Share This